- What was the main teaching of Skepticism?
- Don't commit to anything
- What is an epicure?
- (Original meaning) Someone who indulges in the simple life and simple pleasures. (Modern Meaning) Some who indulges in luxury and sensual pleasures
- What was written on Epicurus's epitaph?
- I was not, I have been, I have not, I do not (When you're alive, death is not. When you're dead, you are not.)
- What does Epicurus assume of the afterlife?
- If there was an afterlife, it probably isn't as bad as people think. Its not something to fear.
- A criticism of the gambler's argument claims that this procedure is insincere and motivated by self-interest. Who voiced this claim?
- William James
- What was Pyrrho's reason for never getting worked up about anything?
- Everything was a simple matter of opinion
Thursday, September 11, 2014
DAILY QUIZ (9/11/2014) SECTION 10
-Who said, "I would prefer an intelligent hell to a stupid paradise." and "All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone" and "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me."?