- Do you think Stoics would agree that an 'ugly' man could be happy (keeping in mind that Aristotle would say no)? How are things like beauty and intelligence and their role in being happy perceived by the Stoics?
- How would you say that western philosophies deal with social problems differently than more traditional or eastern philosophies?
- Do you think the Greek Stoics are harder to bring into a modern context?
- Doesn't it seem contradictory to believe that every thing that happens is a determined event but then also believe we are capable of having control over the way we react?
- What is your favorite course to teach at Vandy and why?
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
14-3 Lach Questions
I was under the impression that these were to be made as comments; however, I don't see a post regarding that so I guess I will just publish them here.