Monday, March 27, 2017
The Matrix and Philosophy: Welcome to the Desert of the Real
1. Based on the Author, Cypher is making a big mistake by doing what?
2. What are the three main categories of the real?
3. What is the word used to describe the Buddhist idea of a dependent origination?
4. The mind stops when it does what?
· John Stuart Mill wrote, “It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied” (Mill, p. 10). Do you agree with him? Why?
· How would you handle it if someone came and told you that everything you believed since now is a lie and that he/she is there to open your eyes to the truth?
· How would you know something is “real”?