Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Section 12 Quiz Questions
1. Who characterized walking as gymnastics for the mind?
2. Who was the philosopher that planted 1.5 acres of tree and made a path he walked every morning?
3. How many miles did Henry David Thoreau walk in his life?
4. Who was Thoreau's landlord?
5. Did peripatetic philosophy entirely cease, with the destruction of Athens in 267 A.D.?
6. Who are John Man and Robert MacFarlane?
7. Who started "This I Believe," and brought it back?
8. What does "TIB" invite citizens to do?
9. What does Jay Allison say our time has in common with the 50s. (or: What does he say we're not doing well?)