We'll use these for all sections.
The simple tasks in life.
2.What is the definition of Philosophy?
Love of wisdom
3.What did walking help Philosophers do?
It helped them think deeper, and more clearly.
4. What was the name of Aristotle's school?
5.How many books did Socrates write?
6.What Philosopher doubted his own senses?
7. Epicurus enjoyed writing.T/F
8.Augustine was an Atheist. T/F
9. Where did Boethius write his last book?
10. Philosophy was a woman that appeared to Boethius in his home. T/F
Here are the test questions we chose from previous quizzes to hopefully be on our test next week.
1. (T/F) For Socrates, wisdom consists in knowing lots of facts. -False
2. What poison was Socrates forces to drink? -Hemlock
3. In the Republic, what are the three groups that made the perfect balance, according to Plato? -Philosophers, Soldiers, Workers
4. What was Aristotle's word for "happiness"? -Eudaimonia
5. Would Aristotle agree with people making him an absolute authority on topics? -No
6. (T/F) Aristotle supported Plato's theory of forms. -False
7. (T/F) for Kant, harming animals is wrong because it damages our character and relationships. -True
8. Did Socrates ever write anything? -No
9. What did the free will defense fail to account for? -natural evil, disasters, diseases, etc..
10. (T/F) Seneca only had one job? -False
Who was put to death for asking too many questions?
Who is Plato's most impressive student?
Plato's parable of the cave was intended to illustrate the distinction between appearance and reality, and to introduce his Theory of _____
What modern governmet does Plato's ideal/book represent?
In the Raphael painting School of Athens, is Aristotle pointing up?
No he is pointing down.
What was Aristotle's word for happiness or success?
What does ethika mean?
Study of character
Who was one of Aristotle's most impressive students?
Boethius was killed very swiftly and without too much pain. T/F
Where does Augstine come from?
Hippo, in Algeria.
Also we can post our 250 word summaries here for our project.