Thursday, February 19, 2015
H1 Study Guide
I was thinking it would be nice if these were all together for our class, so yaknow comment with other nominated questions.
These are for Group Three (Janie, Jeffrey, Holly, Victoria, Andrew, Maggie, Noah, Rebecca) and they only go through the questions through February 5.
1. (P 3) The caricature of a philosopher is of a brilliant person who is hopeless at dealing with what?
2. Did peripatetic philosophy entirely cease, with the destruction of Athens in 267 A.D.?
3. Are This I Believe always famous people? no
4. (T/F) For Socrates, wisdom consists in knowing lots of facts. (LH p.3) False
5. T/F Socrates wrote everything down False
6. In the Raphael painting School of Athens, is Aristotle pointing up? LH p.10 no he is pointing out
7. "Epicurean" originally meant someone who indulges in luxury and sensual pleasure. LH 24 false
8.What or whom prolonged the life of Phyrro? his friends
9. What was Epicurus’s school of philosophy? Epicureans
10. Does the modern definition of “epicurean” match Epicurus's beliefs? no