The A Team - Section 16
1. What was Aristotle's Philosophical School called? (Lyceum)
2. Which philosopher said "Death is not an event in life"? (Epicurus)
3. Did Augustine believe in God? (Yes)
4. What was Cicero's philosophical view? (Stoicism)
5. What philosopher wrote the book Proslogion? (Anselm)
6. What did Machiavelli like to write about the most? (Politics)
7. Who was Machiavelli's hero among the Roman Emperors? (Septimius Severus)
8. Who was one of England's greatest political thinkers? (Thomas Hobbes)
9. What is Niccolo Machiavelli's most famous work? (The Prince)
10. What was Augustine's solution to why moral evil exists? (Free Will)
- Pyrrho believed that we cannot trust our senses.
- Where was Epicurus born? Samos, an island in the Aegean Sea
- Who was the first African-American to hold a "regular" job in the Ivy League? William Fontaine
- Who pioneered philosophical counseling? Gerd Achenback
- What does the term ethika mean? The study of character.
- What does "eros" mean? Erotic Love
- Who was Aristotle's teacher? Plato
- What was Aristotle's primary area of study? Ethics
- Which country did Pyrrho visit that inspired his unusual lifestyle? India
- What was Epicurus' school of philosophy commonly known as? The Garden
Grp 1-Nameless 8 study guide (revised)
Q: What was aquinas' ontological argument?